Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nothing better than energy of waiting mommies!!!


I met with a bunch of waiting mommies last night. It was soooooo much fun. We laughed, told stories and of coarse drooled over Olivia's picture :-) We were a bunch of 10 women who came from the East End, West End and the North. There were lots of pictures taken but gaining my 30 pounds, I look HORRIBLE!!! I'm sure you'll see the pic though on the gals blogs. One funny thing happened towards the end of the night and Catherine almost picked herself up a sugar daddy! See her blog to get the full story.

Here's a picture of the "loot" I got (bumper pad toy missing because I ran it right up and tied it on her crib). It was friggin so funny when all the gift bags started coming out. Poor Jill was stuck in the middle with everything coming from her at both ends. It is a great bunch of girls that I can't wait to meet up with again. I'm sure I'll be wanting a "mommie" night away in the future.

I did lots of chatting with Laurie who adopted her daughter from China 2 years ago. She gave me lots of tips for feeding and bonding so it will be nice and fresh in my mind. Still can't believe this is actually happening!

--------------------oOo--------------------

8 Comments:

Blogger The Carmodys said...

Glad you had fun. Hey pass on those tips about feeding and bonding . . . please. :)

k

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie and Kirk.
I just wanted to pass on one rule that we have with CAS. We ar not allowed to use bumper pads anymore. They said testing showed it was causes of crib deaths. The babies would get there heads stuck inside them and unable to breath. Was not sure if you were planning on using them or not.
Phyllis

2:47 PM  
Blogger Nichole Foster said...

Sounds like you had a great time. It is always good to find people that have a HUGE thing in common with you...lol

Nichole

3:50 PM  
Blogger MFJ said...

Debbie~ Did you ever get the e-mail?

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

Had a great time Debbie! You are a hoot!

8:37 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

It was GREAT meeting you last night Debbie!!

Looking forward to the next one and seeing LOTS of pictures of Olivia!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

every day when I wake up I think about how close Olivia and Samara are to having their families forever!!!

What a nice meeting, course you were missing one very important person ;-)

are you still collecting squares? My 30 days of nothing means I haven't bought yet, but sure do have one that wants to come your way!

6:21 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

How fun!....not much longer until Olivia time :0)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home