Sunday, December 10, 2006

OVERWHELMED




For the most part, I have been pretty light hearted about everything. I mean I've been beyond excited and hyper about our adoption but the stress really hasn't got to me as much as I predicted....until now..... We are selling our house and buying a new one. We have our closing date for Dec 14 which we have known for awhile. Now with the referral coming last week I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I contacted our social worker to get the papers signed off and she's out of town. GREAT - isn't that just perfect timing. I contacted our agency and they said we have to find another social worker and give her a copy of our homestudy. So I found someone but she is going to charge us $300 - NO JOKE!! I just can't believe she is taking total advantage out of the tight situation we are in. So we got that straightened out but the doctors office didn't have a spot for us to get Olivia's medical signed off. ARRRRR!!! I told the nurse that the doc has known about this for 2 years and if we don't get in to see him, we don't get our baby. With lots of begging, we have our appointment.

The house overall is giving me a headache and causing stress. We have been up to eyeballs with boxes and boxes and packing and cleaning and throwing out things that have been stock piling for not so good use!

Overall, we have to have our referral appointment, doctors appointment, visa applications and all the other paperwork filled, completed and sent to our agency by Thursday. We then have to go for our inspection of the house, finish packing, firm up with movers, do finincial crap at bank, and legal stuff at Lawyers and yes that is all happening by Thursday too. Sorry if my post is more of a "vent" today but I'm just very overwhelmed and CANNOT wait for next week to come and pass.

Hopefully I'll be back to my light hearted posts by next week :-) For now - I'm off to Kirk's junk cupboard full of chips, chocolate cookies and vachon cakes........
Cyber Hug anyone????

--------------------oOo--------------------

7 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

Wow! That is a lot. Take each thing one by one and it will all get done.

Breathe deeply and take care.

Keep smilin!

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie and Kirk!
Your prayers have been answered, Your baby is waiting for you, your new home will all come together and everything will be fine. You take one day at a time and it will ALL COME TOGETHER.
Don't get yourselves all worked up as that is no good for either one of you and Olivia needs a stable set of parents to come and hold her and love her.
Merry Christmas to you and Kirk and a little prayer for Olivia as she waits for her Mommy and Daddy to come and bring her home.
Your Cousin
Phyllis Wiscombe

6:41 PM  
Blogger The Carmodys said...

Hey Deb. I'm thinking about you in this crazy time. I know this coming week will be hard for you but I know you can do it. You've been through a lot harder things in your life and passed with flying colours! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can . . . Hang in there and call me if you need to vent or need a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. All the best. One huge cyber hug comin' your way!

k

9:15 PM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

Feeling overwhelmed is awful. Take deep breaths, a night off with hot chocolate, PJ's and a movie is good and know people are thinking about you!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

You do have a lot going on! Just take one step at a time and it will all get done!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't sweat the timeframes girl! (here in alberta, i'm still waiting for my official referral!)

vachon cakes eh? those chocolatey covered carmelly things, yum...

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! Could there be any more going on in your life right now?!?!

I hope that things get back to "normal" as soon as possible.

Good luck with the move.

It's Mark & Michelle - can't seem to do anything but Anynymous...

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home