Sunday, June 24, 2007

My baby is sick

POSITIVE UPDATE: : It's 11:00pm now. First I'd like to send a big thank you out to Krista, Connie, Michelle, Christine, Jenny, Kris, Janet, Phylis, Magi and Sherri. All of your words, support and ideas to help my little baby girl today meant the world. I never had alot of free time without holding her but I did check my computer to receive the help.

Olivia is doing soooooooo much better. Her fever has now broke and she was even up and walking around the house about an hour ago. She is still not 100% but at least she's not burning up and crying. My heart was aching so much today that I didn't know what to do with myself. I ended up giving her tylonol and then Advil 2 hours later. I'm not sure if that's what did the trick but the fever has broke. She has also had the antibotics in her system for over 20 hours now. Whatever it is I'm just happy her fever is going down and her mood is getting back to normal. Thanks for all your well wishes and hopefully tonight she keeps going in the right direction.

What I would do without my bloggy friends I have no idea!

Big cyber hugs to all. Olivia is sleeping on the couch now and is doing great!



Calling all blogger mommies, auntie's, daddy's, uncles, sisters, brothers...whoever.... I need your help!

UPDATE: Her fever is lingering around 103 - 104.7. I called the Health help line and they told her to just keep giving her tylonol every 4 hours and try to keep liquids in her. She's crying steady and is burning like crazy. She is very unsettled and I just want to take her pain away. Does anyone have any good ideas for making a sick baby comfy. Is there any good ole home rem's for the temp??


Sorry there has been little activity in Olivia's blogworld lately but its been a sick household. She has been up and down with a fever for the last week. Last night we got a little bit of a scare when it went up to 104.8. We brought her to the hospital and it turns out she has the beginning stages of pneumonia. Just seeing (and hearing) her go through the chest x-ray was torture. We are able to treat at home with meds and lots of love but boy is it hard seeing my baby sick. She is such a tough little bugger and hasn't complained too much. She's fast asleep now as I type this and its nice to see her comfortable.

Hope to be back in blogworld soon. In the meanwhile gotta care for my little china doll.

--------------------oOo--------------------

32 Comments:

Blogger Special K said...

Oh poor thing...

Hoping she's on the mend soon. I'm sure it's just as hard on you as her. Sending some get well fairy dust your way.. :)

11:20 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I hope she's feeling better quickly!

11:45 AM  
Blogger M and M said...

If it is love she needs to get better - I have no doubt she will be up and about in NO time!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Sophie's Mom said...

Awe... Praying for a speedy recovery! I need my cute Olivia picture fix! ;)
Christine

1:40 PM  
Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Hope Olivia is feeling better soon. Poor baby.

2:13 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

Hope she's all better soon, poor girl.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm sorry you are going through this. It is SO scary, isn't it? my son has had pneumonia 4 times and it sounds just like what you are describing. I'm not sure there is really much you can do other than alternate her tylenol and Motrin. When they're hot sometimes it's nice if you take a luke warm cloth and just rub it around their face.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie I tried phoneing you but no answer and I really hope that Olivia is feeling better this evening. The kids always seem to get worse in the evening and night time.
Debbie when some of my foster babies (101 while fostering in Newfoundland, but who's counting) but the ones that got a temp I used a remedy that I know first hand used to work. I used to put the little ones in a luke warm bath and put rubbing alcohol on a wet face cloth, and then pat under there arms, kneck. It was a miricle the way there temps come down.
I alway keep to this day pedialite liquid and now you can get pedialite pops. Kids need to be kept from getting dehydrated. I love the motrin 12 hours for kids.

The little guy I am caring for now has had phenmonia twice since Feb. and is was on puffers and the pediatrian told me to put him on the puffer as soon as he starts with the cough. He also gets a temperture along with the cough.

Hope this helps.
Phyllis

7:48 PM  
Blogger Sophie's Mom said...

What my ped always told me was that 104 is no worse than 99, a fever is a fever. Hope that somehow makes you feel better?

Christine

8:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am dreading the first time I'm in your shoes. I have no experience to offer you other than advice I was given and someone already mentioned.

You can alternate Tylenol and Motrin so she gets something every two hours. It's supposed to help lower fevers and to help her feel better.

You guys are in my thoughts.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hi Deb,
It's 10:30pm now. I hope Olivia's feeling better.
I'm not a dr. but watch her trunk area for the next few days as she may be coming down with roseola. She's about the right age. Also, ensure she has lots of fluids: pedialyte, freezies, whatever!
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/roseola.

It's not fun when they are sick!

10:36 PM  
Blogger my3 kids said...

Awe poor little Olivia and mommy and daddy too. It's hard when our little ones are sick and we aren't sure what to do to make it all better. It sounds like Olivia is feeling better and we hope she continues in this direction. Best wishes:)

11:30 PM  
Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

I am SO thankful that she is doing better, Debbie! Thanks for letting us know!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Glad to hear Olivia is feeling better.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I just logged on and saw Olivia was sick. Z had 104 degree temp several weeks ago and i totally understand your worry and pain seeing her like that. They are such tough little girls. I am glad to hear she is feeling better and hope she continues to recover. I stripped Z down to her diaper and just covered every inch of her body with cold wash cloths and alternated baby motrin and baby tylenol. I knew how bad she was feeling when she did not protest the wash cloths!! Prayers going out to you!

Stacie and z

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see she is feeling alittle better. I always feel so helpless when the kids are sick. Remember it is harder on you than her. Give her a couple days and she will be back to her busy self. Wish I could be there to help.

One Proud GodMother (Tanya)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

Glad she is doing better...fevers are sooooo scary!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jill and Jaap said...

YIKES!!

I find that Motrin works for us. tyelenol used to though when she was younger.

Hope she feels better soon!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Donna Paonessa said...

Just reading your post now...I'm so happy to hear Olivia is feeling a bit better; it's so scary when they get sick!!! Sophia had a really bad throat infection a few mths ago and her temp got up to 106!!!! I second the Pedialyte pops that were mentioned.

Donna

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad she is feeling better. That was a scary day.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

I'm glad that Olivia is starting to feel better!

7:40 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

I am SO happy to hear that she is feeling a bit better!

I've been through the pneumonia thing with my niece - it is scary.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in, Deb. Glad to see your girl is feeling better. When we had K to the doc for a fever they said for us to give both Tylenol and Advil rotating every two hours. They said that they work differently and it was perfectly safe. I'm sure the antibiotics are probably kicking in now. Hugs.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I glad Olivia's feeling a little better. I think Mommy might need looking after now.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Kristie said...

Ohmigosh... when i read this, that was what I was thinking... pneumonia. I'm glad Olivia is doing well now. I have a horror story that I won't share with you on your comments - just make sure you keep an eye on her and if you think she's not doing well, take her back and make sure they take you seriously.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Jie Jie & Di Di said...

Hi Deb,

Just read your post...We hope Olivia is feeling better..

It is so scary when they get sick like that..

9:27 AM  
Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Glad Olivia is feeling better. Hope her temp stays down too! Fingers crossed that you can both get some good rest tonight.

11:04 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

SO glad to hear she's feeling better! Hope she's back to 100% in no time!

11:38 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm sorry - I've been out of the loop. Glad to know that things are so much better :0)

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you guys are all doing well again. I've been thinking a lot about you guys.

2:45 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

Poor baby girl! SO happy to hear that she is doing better as are Mommy and Daddy!

HUGS!!

Keep smilin!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Calico Sky said...

sorry to hear she was sick, so glad she is all better!!!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home