Thursday, May 31, 2007

I've been tagged by Katie (A special Family)

Katie tagged me to talk about 10 childhood memories! (hope they all didn't have to be good ones......)

1. Falling off a monkey bar and smacking my head open on CEMENT ( no joke they had cement under playgrounds back in the 70's)

2. Playing niki niki nine doors with friends and feeling really guilty and nervous but wanted to "fit in"

3. Learning how to ride a 2 wheeler with my father. I can still hear myself saying "don't leg go, don't let go" When I couldn't hear him say "I won't" anymore, I turned my head and fell off.

4. Going to the race track with my dad. He would buy me a hot dog and a ice cream and tell me not to tell my mother how much he spent ( I thought it was a big secret.....little did I know at the time....mothers know all)

5. Playing one of the orpans in Orphan Annie - I swear I thought I was going to be famous one day.

6. Playing Ringette for the first time and telling all my friends about it at school ( I thought I was "cool")

7. Hanging out with my mom at her beauty salon. I always got to dig into her stash of lollipops she had for all the kids.

8. Going shopping with my mother ALOT!!! (yes I'm now addicted and yes Olivia has now shopped more than many teens - that one will come back to bite me in the ass)

9. Having sleepovers at my house with all my girlfriends. We would stay up all night long talking about "boys" and then get up and cook breakfast in the mornings.

10. Learning French when I was 3 and 4 from a neighbour. I can remember going over to their house and only speaking to them in French. I remember it but CANNOT for the life of me speak french now. My mother tells me that I would come home and just break out into french. I guess kids are little sponges. I remember loving that I knew another language.

O.K, my turn to tag 3 people. Connie , Carolyn , and Mary-Mia

--------------------oOo--------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Hey no wonder I think your so cool. I was a ringette player and big time shopper too!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Middle-Aged Moi said...

CEMENT? Under a PLAYGROUND? Hmmm...good thing things have advanced since then! :-)

5:02 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

I'm loving these lists- great meme!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Mike, Terri and Ava said...

I too remember the cement under the playground days. Never had any major cautastrophe as you did but had my fair share of scrapes and bruises from said concrete. I also played ringette for 8 years. Loved it and being on defence it was the one time where my weight played on my side. Nobody could lift my stick off that ring.:op

10:20 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Love yours...and I remember the cement.

Ah, I'll have to wait for my memory to fully return before I do this one ;0)

11:36 AM  
Blogger A Mom- In-W8ing said...

I also earned my "shopping stripes" from my Mom and I plan on passing them on proudly to my daughter. Like you said I am sure it will come back to bite me in the ass some day too! LOL!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

7:08 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

The sleep overs with friends were the best weren't they?? Ah when things were simple.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Liz and Ava said...

That's a great list Deb.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Hi Deb!
Our neighbour's daughter Elena is from Nanchang, Jiangxi.

Sherri

PS: This is a great meme! I remember cement is playgrounds too...yikes!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home