Wednesday, April 25, 2007

String Tug

My heart certainly got pulled by a little string tonight. I usually don't post about how things hit me on TV but tonight was different. I just finished watching American Idol (well when the tears would allow me to). My heart is just so heavily weighed right now with not only the heartache for the family and children of the poverity struck world but also for Olivia. The images of her finding spot have been circling around in my mind throughout the whole program. Up until this time I have chosen not to share her little bit of history with you. I do want to share that she was left at over 2 months old and left in a flower market with a village the size of my street. The streets were very dirty and poverity was in each and everyone of them. My heart is sinking right now, just knowing deep within my heart that Olivia's mom gave her up for love. She knew that she was providing a better life for her by leaving her to be found. One day we hope to return to that finding spot with a big poster board to post of Olivia throughout the years. The greatest gift of all right now could be for her birthmother to know that she is healthy, happy and LOVED!

Please pray for all the people in the world hurting through poverity tonight and do a special little extra one for Olivia's birthmom.

Debbie

--------------------oOo--------------------

11 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

You got it!

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah!!

No words.

Your AZ cousin, Nicie

11:55 PM  
Blogger Kayce said...

Prayers all around...and a special one for Olivia and her birthmom and forever family tonight.

1:08 AM  
Blogger The Robertsons said...

The birthmother's of our girls have made a huge sacrifice. That seems to be especially the case with Olivia's birthmom. You have a huge blessing in your little angel and, hopefully, her birthmom will see her pictures when you make that special return trip.

Kathryn

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also watching the American Idol Aid program. My eldest foster son looked at me and said Aunt Phyllis how do that boy and girl living in that little home cook by themselves. He was so concerned. I tried to explain the best I could but you could see his little mind in a spin.
He said Aunt Phyllis our Mommy loves us so much and that is why we are staying with you and pop where it is warm, we have nice clothes and we are not hungry anymore. The poor kids on the show do not have a foster home to go to where they are feed and loved until there mommy gets help and better of her problems *his words*.
I ached for those in Africa and also in the USA but I am in Canada and me and pop are being the best foster parents we know how.
Just lots of love and letting the children know that there mommy and daddy do love them but while there working out there problems they will be safe and loved.
OUR PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD THAT ARE WITHOUT THIS SAFETY AND LOVE IN THERE LIFE. GOD WILL PROTECT ALL THE CHILDREN AND THERE FAMILIES.
Olivia is one blessed little girl and if you Pray hard enough the love and safety that Olivia has will be sent to the birthmoms heart.
May God Bless One and All!
Your cousin Phyllis and her busband Tony *Pop* and my little angels.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Briana's Mom said...

I cried at AI last night too. So sad.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not watch it....i found it too upsetting. I often think of the birthmoms and wish we could get a message back to them. It is harder than i expected it to be...the emotions. Amy

10:46 AM  
Blogger Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

I too thought of Fenway's birth mom after this show. I think of her often and hope she knows what a gift she gave us. I find Fenway's birthday is bitter sweet as I wonder what a hard day it must be for one woman and what glorious day it is for me.

6:25 PM  
Blogger M and M said...

I didn't watch it but I have read about it on a couple of blogs...

7:32 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

OMG I was sobbing! I did a donation - nothing huge but it made me feel good. Stuff like that just wrecks me.

9:08 PM  
Blogger 4D said...

It was a hard program to watch. Def made me think of China and the poverty there.

Keep smilin!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home